Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Purple and Orange

The challenge at Riley and Company this week is a color challenge, orange and purple.  This is definitely a hard combination for me as a card maker.  When I think of orange and purple, I automatically think of Halloween.  So,  Heather, this was definitely a challenge!


When I made this card I had to start with the paper and work from there.  I used a piece of plain orange yardstick and paired that with a paper that was loose in my stash, but I think it comes from Close to My Heart.  Once I had these I decided I should use confetti cream from Stamping' Up for the base color, because the cream looked better than the white.  Once I had the basic design down, I decided I wanted to do a summery scene since we are just in the heart of summer right now.  I used Hammock Riley that can be found HERE in the Riley and Company Store.  



Once I had that panel colored I had my daughter pick out a sentiment that went with it:


I think she did a great job!  She chose Self-Control that you can also find HERE.



I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Penny Black - Add a sentiment
Stamping Sensations - feature a creature

Have a great week!  I will see you soon!


6 comments:

  1. A very sweet card Kendra and perfect for our Feature a Creature theme.

    Thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Kendra, I forgot to also thank you for sharing with us at penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab fun card Kendra and the Moose image is so cute.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Penny Black and More and we hope you will join us again soon.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! What a cute card and perfect for our Feature a Creature theme this month. Thanks so much for joining in at stamping sensations and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fun card.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Anything Goes with a sentiment' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete