Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dream Valley Challenge #7 - Old and New

I'm sorry I have been missing from blogland so much in the past two weeks, but here's a picture of something that has been taking up lots of time these days:


Yes both of my children are playing baseball/t-ball right now, and between that and yard work I haven't had much time to create!  I hear blogger had a bit of a vacation too though!

Ok, the challenge at Dream Valley this week is to use both new and old items on/in your creation!  Please don't forget to link to the challenge and name what is old/new on your projects!


Our sponsor this week is Digi's With Attitude.  We were given some new digi's to play with.  I have used Disco Tween:


Here is the whole card:




My new items are the Disco Tween digi from Digi's With Attitude and my new pearls from Close to My Heart.  The old items are the papers I had in my scrap box and ribbon that I wasn't ever sure what to put with it!  Guess I found the right stamp for it!  I have also distressed the paper edges and used direct to paper technique with my Close to Cocoa ink pad from Stampin' Up.  The copics that I have used for this project are:  B00, C1, E00, E11, E18, E35, R29, R24, R22

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Mojo Monday - sketch
Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle - use old supplies
Stamp Something - anything goes
Craft Us Crazy - Favorite Embellishment/something new




11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been really busy. Love your card, especially that gorgeous bow. Take care.
    Jack xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kendra, it's great to see the how different this image looks with different colours....she has so much hair that she really does look so different on every card. I think she's great with brown hair, and I love your shading on the trousers too. Also, the offset mat behind her is just perfect! You asked what colours I used for the hair on my card.....I always use neutral greys to colour black hair: N2 N4 N6 N8 and a bit of N10 in the underneath layers. Hope you are all enjoying the baseball! CoB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!
    The ribbon is a perfect match to the wee image! papers are perfect with it!
    I love baseball!!! When I went to dom rep, the workers were watching it and got me right into and now I make hubby get the sports so I can see it hee!! Tho i'm not sure all the rules but love the game!
    Hugs M xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card kendra...love the image and how you have coloured her.

    fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME coloring!!! Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous colours and the ribbon is just perfect! She is such a cute and sassy Disco girl, she looks fantastic in red!

    Enjoy the baseball season!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Love the disco girl. That outfit brings back memories. LOL
    Thanks for joining us at SSDS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - love how you've coloured the image :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Love the image.
    Thanks for joining us at SSDS.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors and the image!
    Thanks for playing with us @ Craft Us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete