Thursday, April 8, 2010

Flowers, Buttons...and Sewing?


Well everyone, I've gone and done it. I dug out the sewing machine so I could sew a card. I've been putting this off even though I have admired other peoples' sewn creations from afar. Now I'm afraid I'm hooked. This first attempt has a few slipped stitches, but I'm sure with more practice I will be much better at it!


I used a designer paper from Webster's Pages called Your Life Beautiful, confetti cream cardstock, and an olive green strip from my scrap box. I put the "scene" through the Big Shot with the scalloped circle Nestabilities. I then brayered the sky and the ground before stamping the stems and adding the flower buttons. Before I attached the flower scene I did a straight stitch around the dp and a zig-zag stitch to attach the green. All in all, not a bad first try!

I entered this card into the following challenges:

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - bought it, use it (just bought the dp on monday couldn't wait to get at it!)

6 comments:

  1. great card,love the button flowers and fab stitching thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t. this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kendra, lovely card using buttons, thank you for joining us again at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kendra! I DO like this! It's a bit quirky, isn't it? I like that about it! I love the colours too and the interpolation between the mat and the ds paper.
    Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Kendra, I love the button flowers! Lovely colours and papers too, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendra, this is beautiful!!!! love how you used the buttons for the flowers!!!
    I'm so glad you came to play with us at Creative Card Crew!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kendra this came out GREAT!! Love the colors and who can resist buttons?! Thank you so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursday!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete